1) An entire Tumblr dedicated to the question of whether MilSF author Myke Cole lays eggs.
2) Stan Lee responds to people who ask him when he’s going to retire. Video.
3) Dewitos: Doritos-flavored Mountain Dew.
4) Seventeen-year-old wins science competition by building an efficient algae biofuel lab in her bedroom. I hope this kid becomes a billionaire.
5) Do you get your hair cut at a barber? How to talk your barber about the haircut you want. Includes a helpful video.
7) The novel then steps back in time to explain how Rico went from being just another one of Heinlein’s incurious teenaged dullards to an enthusiastic war criminal. In the process, it paints an interesting picture of the world Rico lives in, as well as of the contents of Heinlein’s id. James Nicoll reviews Starship Troopers.