1) The late great Jim Henson gives a puppeteering masterclass. Video.
2) Inside Portland’s Mystery Hole. #NotPorn
3) Exploding glass filmedin 343,000 fps slo-mo. Toward the end, this gets to be like the drug effects in DREDD.
4) A split screen comparing Los Angeles of the 1940’s with Los Angeles now. Video.
5) What type of low-budget films break out?
6) LA earthquake creates a seiche, a (potentially destructive) wave frequency that amplifies waves and ripples. Video.
7) Police 3D print a murder victim’s finger to unlock his phone.
1) Darpa successfully tests the first bullet that can be steered after it was fired.
2) Geologists grill up stakes with lava… and ruin them.
3) Richard Prince Selling Other People’s Instagram Shots Without Permission for $100K Whenever I feel cynical about publishing, I think about fine arts and give my oil-painter wife a hug. (Of course, if he was skimming other people’s work from reddit, I wouldn’t be surprised…)
4) Feces rained down on outdoor Sweet 16 party. Dumped from a plane, obviously. Stranger than fiction
5) Nothing about this toy makes sense. Video. Don’t watch that without the sound.
6) Law & Order: Daredevil. Video. Also requires sound.
7) A Kickstarter for a horror video game about a blind woman. Cool.
Multi-millionaire hedonist drug addict heir raises kids about as well as you could expect. It’s a #Longread, but it’s horrifying; the system failed these kids because the system can not stand up against money. Awful.