1. The Low-Frills Genre Fiction of 1981. What amazing covers
5) My son followed this recipe for making NY style pizza at home, and whaddayano? Video
13 hours left to back this:
- Why Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse has the most inventive visuals you’ll see this year.
- Europe’s first underwater restaurant.
- How to actually, truly focus on what you’re doing.
- The Kentucky Derby as Told by the Horses.
- Grocer Designed Embarrassing Plastic Bags to Shame Customers into Bringing Their Own.
- The Queens of Sicily: 1061 to 1266. 18 biographies about 18 powerful women.
- Stun Gun Myths Rewatching VERONICA MARS got me wondering how likely (initial hypothesis: not very) it was that you could render someone unconscious by zapping them. Of course, my hypothesis was [spoiler].
5) Forgery Experts Explain 5 Ways To Spot A Fake. Video.
7) How to take awesome food photos by Helen Rosner. (This is a terrific primer on visual composition)
2) A Songwriting Mystery Solved: Math Proves John Lennon Wrote ‘In My Life’. Mathematical analysis applied to musical authorship, which I find damned interesting.
3) Political Moderates Are Lying: How group social dynamics push moderate voters to extremes. (Not a perfect article, but interesting.
With Hurricane Florence hitting the coast of the USA, take a minute to familiarize yourself a few of the most common fake viral photos that people share on social media, so you can recognize them this time around and give them the obscurity they deserve.
7) A ‘beer sommelier’ explains how pouring a beer the wrong way can give you a stomach ache. Video
4. What Makes People the Most Happy: An analysis of the way people answer the question “What made you happy in the last 24 hours?”
7) Vaccines Work: Here are the Facts. (a comic)
making horror movie sound effects is a true art in itself. pic.twitter.com/RU7c1zKl2t
— Physics Fun (@PhysicsVideo) January 22, 2018