1) Easy newspaper article, type 12: Carefully selected dumb student answers.
2) Author Jackie Kessler breaks down the problems with “Harlequin Horizons”.
3) Photos of a river of hydrogen sulphide in Mexico. via Jay Lake
4) Fish on Europa? via Jay Lake
5) A beautiful animated book trailer that fails to promote the book. Sound, people. If the image is a little out of focus or awkwardly lit, people will muddle through. But if the sound isn’t right, nothing’s right.
6) Smash putt!
7) Twilight: New Moon. “However, last year in the line, I did interviews, where I handed out a list of ten things and asked for which ones happened in the books. Seven or eight out of ten got circled. Then I pointed out that the list was ten warning signs that your partner is becoming abusive or controlling, and asked what they thought of Edward’s behavior in this new light.
Responses included, “I wish a guy loved me enough to treat me that way,” and, “But Bella needed it.”
This year I was behind a group of girls who briefly discussed Team Edward vs. Team Jacob. Each one pointed out that the other person’s champion was possessive and controlling/bossy. “Well, but she let him,” was the final word, on each side.”
Bonus 8)! Team Lipbite!