1) A half-hearted defense of the Star Wars prequels. I agree with his assessment of the attitudes of the Jedi in the prequels, but I’m not convinced that Lucas himself recognized that it was problematic.
2) British stores told they can no longer sell eggs by the dozen.
3) The NY Post reacts to U.S. World Cup elimination.
4) I’m not one to link to music videos, but here’s The Go-Go’s circa 1984 (love the lighting) cross-dressing onstage and looking good doing it. And Belinda Carlisle sings the hell out of this song.
5) AT-AT afternoon.
6) An American woman in a German supermarket discovers an American ethnic food section. What foods do you think they consider American?
7) More evidence on the brilliance of Facebook users. The fan page for this author’s book has 700,000 fans, and he is sure none of them care one bit about reading his book. But damn, if even three percent could be convinced to buy a copy…