1) Author Nicholas Kaufmann liked Circle of Enemies, but wishes Ray could have a happy fun romp in the hay: “This is a truly special series, and exactly the kind of fantasy that appeals to readers like me who involuntarily shudder when fantasy novels open with a map and end with a glossary.”
2) Maria at Bear Mountain Books liked Child of Fire: “It’s edgy and very fast paced, but the characters display enough emotion and humanity to make it a very good read.”
3) Jeremiah at jbullfrog.net thinks that Circle of Enemies is the “Best book in the series yet. Damn you Harry Connolly for making me stay up so late the past few days.”
4) S. C. Green at The Shadowed Quill liked Child of Fire well enough but wanted there to be more explanation of the background: “Even though the book is subtitled a Twenty Palace Novel, by the last page I still have no idea what or who the Twenty Palace Society is. I get their basic function (to a very small degree), but I want more answers to the “why” of everything.”
5) Stewart at The Flying Turtle gave Circle of Enemies an 8.5: “The stakes are more personal in this book as the victims are all Rays former friends, who are well written enough to make you care about them pretty quickly.”
6) Bethany at Word Nerd likes Child of Fire but thought the ghost knife was overused? “Normally, I would say run right out and start reading, but… sigh… the writing is solid, but if you’re looking for a long-term relationship with a series, know that you’re going to be left hanging here.” (As a quick note, I’ve never read anything by Weis/Hickman.)
7) Andrew at Pleasure for the Empire really enjoyed Child of Fire: “I really can’t say enough how awesome this book is.“
4 thoughts on “Reviews, Part 30”
Thanks for the mention! I wrote the review before the news of the cancellation and I will be reviewing anything these that you publish(probably the short stories when I get through my backlog), also I’m going to add tags to my reviews for Books I love, Like, think are ok, and dislike. Yours is in Books I love. Would of been up earlier but my hosting service went down.
Looking forward to future books!
My pleasure, Stewart. I should say that I linked to it before the cancellation announcement came out. I collect and link to these reviews, then post them when I get seven.
Thanks for taking the trouble.
I just got the SFBC version of your Twenty Palaces novels. I read them last night and finished them this evening.
Awesome series. I truly hope that you can finish them someday.
In the meantime I plan on getting any books you write!
Comments are closed.