4) Creating unconscious emotional responses with shapes. Video.
2) This cat is way into Hitchcock. Video.
1) Guy writes ridiculous requests in the “Special Instructions” space of his hotel reservation, and gets what he asked for. I hope he leave fat tips.
4) Like Tanith Lee? Live/want to live in the UK? Her house is for sale. I wish I were successful enough for a beautiful house.
5) This longread is AMAZING: How parents of an elementary school child tried to frame a PTA mom for a crime she didn’t commit. Wow. For a crime/mystery reader like myself, this is wild. And it could have gone the other way so easily.
5) How God Created Animals. <-- Funny 6) Investigative reporter goes undercover in N Korea to find out the truth about life there, writes book, sees book listed as a “memoir” because the reporter is a woman.
1) An end to showering Apparently, the problem with smelly guys at cons is not that they don’t shower enough. It’s that they shower at all.
2) Drug or Tolkien elf? A quiz. I scored 23 out of 30, which is better than I expected.
3) Cinema audiences reproducibly vary the chemical composition of air during films, by broadcasting scene specific emissions on breath. Another reason for social animals to see movies in a crowded theater.
4) The Trailers for Ghostbusters (2016) and the Art of Editing Comedy by the creator of Every Frame a Painting.
6) Traffic-weary homeowners and Waze are at war, again. Guess who’s winning? Filed under: The Future Is Stranger Than We Expected
3) Comedian reads fake book covers on subway, records reactions. Very funny, although the covers look fakey.
4) The Brilliant Career of John Cazale. If you’re only going to appear in five movies…
6) How Alfred Hitchcock blocks a scene. Video. I’m really loving this genre of short documentaries about filmmaking techniques.
7) “The Worst Game I’ve Every Played.” Video. Bought off of Steam, this game is amazingly shoddy work.
2) “Trust me. I’m an engineer.” Video.
4) A small 2009 car demolishes a 1959 Chevy. Oh, what 50 years of safety regulation can do!
5) Surprising applications of the Magnus Effect. Video. This is cool.
1) Why you don’t want to wear metal inside an MRI. Video.