1) In a few hours I’ll be flying to Los Angeles (and hopefully collecting a complimentary TSA handjob) for a short weekend jaunt. My book trailer is shooting this weekend. I won’t be there for all of it–I have to return to Seattle Sunday morning to do the parent thing–but I’ll see two days out of three, meet the actors, hang out on the set, eat the food (“You paid for it.”), and so on. I expect to be helping out, too, moving stuff or holding bounce cards, except…
2) My pain levels have been startlingly high lately. I’m not sure what to make of it. My legs were feeling better for a while there, but suddenly they’ve been aching almost constantly and my knee wakes me up in the middle of the night. Hopefully, they’ll have someplace for me to sit if I need it. I’m packing Tylenol.
3) I’m also packing my camera. Expect pics.
4) A signed copy of Child of Fire and Game of Cages are available on Patrick Rothfuss’s blog for his annual charity auction. Check it out. There are a metric butt-load of great books available there, and not only in that one post. I wish I could be one of those authors who contributes 25 signed hardcovers but, you know…
5) The new Green Lantern trailer looks pretty bad. I say this as someone who always thought GL was kind of an interesting idea, but never understood the enduring appeal.
6) My SFWA Handbook arrived… barely. Check out this envelope:
Yikes. That book wanted to be free!
I’ve skimmed the book trying to find articles of interest and it doesn’t seem that there’s much there. No big.
7) As I mentioned before, I’m not online as much as I used to be now that I don’t have a day job. Poor neglected blog! ::pets blog:: I’m on Twitter less and reading other blogs less. On the up side, more writing is getting done. So that’s all to the good, right?
8) Should I bring copies of my books to L.A. with me? I don’t have much space in my carryon.